Classes are conducted all through the year which encompasses detailed step-by-step approach to drawing/painting. whereas workshops (for all ages) are fun way to enjoy summer holidays and learn some techniques too. One of the major advantages of workshops is that, you get to take home your ready to hang finished project.I am basically from the background of Information Systems. It has taken a lot of practice and dedication to hone my skills in painting and teaching. Currently I devote my entire time for painting and teaching. Painting has become my full time career and teaching is my passion. Teaching gives me an opportunity to learn from others.
And don’t worry, classes are enjoyable and students are encouraged to express their feelings, creativity, emotions, imagination in their paintings.
Why Art Classes?
This is one of the main questions we need to ask ourselves. Whey do we have to indulge ourselves into art. Is it because of our interest, passion, career or something else.
Evidence shows that arts education provides students with the skills to think creatively, to innovate, and to become tenacious learners ready to solve complex problems—all skills that employers are increasingly looking for in the 21st century.
At younger age students who get a quality arts education are:
* 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
* Have lower rates of behaviorial problems
* Have higher attendance rates
* Have higher graduation rates
* Aids in the development of self-esteem, self-discipline and self-motivation
At-risk students who have access to the arts also tend to have better academic results, better career opportunities, and more civic engagement, according to the NEA’s new report, The Arts and Achievement in At-Risk Youth.
Note:Classes are held for both children and adults.Painting Classes
For all the painting classes, drawing skills are not necessary. If you are not familiar with the basic drawing concepts, don’t worry, you will learn the basics as part of any painting class. Depending on the interest different mediums that are used are Color Pencils, Water Color, Oil Pastel, Acrylic and Oil.
The course details
Check the link provided on the top this page to download the course details
Note: Timings can be adjustable based on the flexibility of the whole batch
The topics for the painting classes
Different techniques are taught depending on the chosen medium.
* First and the foremost learning is to learn how to draw for painting.
If the chosen medium is Water Color, following are some of the topics covered
* Understanding Color wheel
* Mixing Color
* Brush Practice and Texture
* Basic Composition
* Ways to transfer the drawing
* Painting Techniques (Wen-into-Wet, Glazing, Masking, Negative Painting or Negative Space) and many more…..
If the chosen medium is Acrylic or Oil, following are some of the topics covered
* Introduction to Color theory, Lights & darks in color
* Painting techniques (Knife work, Impasto, Scumble etc.)
* Working with painting tools (Sponge, Splatter, Scrape, Soft Blend etc.)
* Painting techniques (Foliage, Dry brush, Dark over light, light over dark, Glazing etc.)
* Understanding Composition
and many more…..
Learning the basics of drawing is not only essential for drawing but also for painting. Drawing can be sometimes intimidating, but you don't have to worry about that. I am here to help you with easy lessons and lots of examples. Your desire is the limit to your learning. There are many subjects that can be chosen either for drawing or painting. It is just individual's preference.
Some of the important topics covered in the drawing classes are as follows
1. Understanding the materials to be used for the drawing and how to use them effectively.
2. How and when to use stomps and tortillions for blending and understand different shading methods (Circular, Angular, Cross Hatching)
3. Composing pictures is another important factor in learning drawing (Contour drawing, Vignette and Thumbnails).
4. Understanding values
5. Understanding one-point and Two-point perspectives.
6. Understanding light is an essential part of both drawing and painting.
The way we see entirely depends on the light falling on the object, shadow of the object and reflected light on the object. and many more.....
Above learning can be incorporated into drawing different types of subjects, such as fabric, metallic, transparent objects etc.
By using the above techniques, we can start drawing Landscapes, Still Life, Flowers, Animals and Portraits.
Follow these steps to improve your drawing skills and keep in mind that nobody is perfect.
* Always practice, practice and practice. Draw frequently so that you start seeing things from an artist's eye.
* Quick sketches are always not boring and keeps you motivated
* Become acquainted with most of the tools but make sure to master one
Please visit my studio/gallery in Bengaluru (India) OR contact me for further details about the classes. I will be very happy to explain the course content in details.